The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) provides funds to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.
CSBG funding supports projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities
- Address the needs of low-income individuals including the homeless, migrants and the elderly
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services and/or health
In addition, discretionary grants are available at the statewide or local level, or for associations with demonstrated expertise in addressing the needs of low-income families, such as Community Action Agencies (CAAs).
With the support of CSBG funding, states and CAAs work together to achieve the following goals for low-income individuals:
- Increased self-sufficiency
- Improved living conditions
- Ownership of and pride in their communities
- Strong family and support systems
Working together, agencies increase their capacity to achieve results. Partnerships among supporters and providers of services play a large role in the successful implementation of CSBG grants.
Click the link below to download application: